The D.I.Wire+ transforms drawn curves into bent wire. Updated software adds more control to create more shapes with improved accuracy. A small size and light weight means that the D.I.Wire+ is transportable and affordable. Expanded capabilities for producing shapes include directly importing SVG files, prototyping complex curves with script, and bending directly with G-code.
The D.I.Wire+ addresses the needs of STEM education, as well as short run production, prototyping and just-in-time manufacturing for industries ranging from aerospace, automotive, medical, to consumer products. High-quality wire part fabrication has never before been this accessible.
How Does D.I.Wire+ Work?
1. Draw Curve - Use any 2D vector creation software to design your shape. Create SVG from your CAD or design in Wireware.
2. Connect Via USB & Open Wireware - Connect D.I.Wire PLUS and computer via USB and open Wireware to start a new bend project or open saved shapes.
3. Load Wire - Load your wire. D.I.Wire PLUS allows you to create custom material profiles that compensate for each material's properties.
4. Bend - D.I.Wire PLUS makes bump bends, smooth curves, and 2.5D bends using manual rotations.
Basic Tech Specs
- Wire Capabilities - Wire diameters from .062" or 0.125" (1.6mm or 3.2mm)
- Maximum Bend Angle - 135°, material dependent
- Materials - A range of materials, from stainless steel to high carbon steel, low carbon steel, copper, brass and aluminum.
- Software - Software included: use SVG files, G-code, or script using Feed/Bend commands.
- Machine - Dimensions: 9.5"x14.5"x6.75" (24x37x17cm), Power Requirements: 100-240 V, 1.8 A, 50-60 Hz, Weight: 23lbs, 13oz (10.5kg), Operating temp: 64-85F (15°-30°C)
For more information, download the D.I.Wire+ flier.