Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS
Mastercam is a SOLIDWORKS Gold Partner
Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS combines the world’s leading modeling software with the world’s most widely-used CAM software so you can program parts directly in SOLIDWORKS, using the toolpaths and machining strategies preferred by shops around the world.
With Mastercam toolpaths integrated directly within the SOLIDWORKS environment, the toolpaths are applied directly to the part or assembly. Any design change that Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS encounters is handled quickly, with the aﬀected toolpaths identiﬁed so the user can simply update them. And intelligent use of Design Tables and multiple Conﬁgurations makes working with families of parts easy.
As a Certified Gold Partner product, Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS delivers the absolute best in tight, powerful CAD/CAM integration.
Ultimately flexible and expandable.
Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS’ comprehensive suite of toolpaths and functions means there’s always more than one way to get the job done. Once you program a part, no matter how complex, you can modify any element of the job, and immediately get updated toolpaths without starting over. You can also build a library of your favorite machining strategies. Choose any of your saved operations, apply them to a part, and Mastercam helps adapt them to the new model. Because Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS is a fully integrated SOLIDWORKS Certiﬁed Gold Partner, it’s fast, easy, and productive. The way programming should be.
2D Machining - Your daily needs for 2D machining can range from simple to very complex. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS delivers the tools you need.
- Feature Based Machining (FBM) automatically programs prismatic solid model pockets, contours, and drilling routines, letting you save or change the strategies at any time.
- Contour and pocket remachining use smaller tools to automatically clean out material left from previous operations.
Dynamic Motion powers much of our 2D suite, constantly adapting to create smoother, safer motion and making better use of the entire tool.
3D Machining - Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS' extensively shop-tested 3D toolpaths provide unsurpassed control on surface cuts, delivering superior finishes and optimized cycle times. Smart hybrid finishing creates a single toolpath that changes cut methods as the slope of the model changes. And the refined 3D toolpaths give you the smooth, precision finish to please even your toughest customers.
- Dramatically efficient roughing powered by Mastercam’s Dynamic Motion technology.
- Constant scallop machining maintains a consistent ﬁnish on sloped and ﬂat surfaces alike.
- Constant-Z rest milling (remachining) identiﬁes and machines areas and critical depths that need to be cut with a smaller tool.
- Pencil tracing walks a tool along intersections to clean out hard-to-reach areas, such as internal ﬁllets. Single or multiple passes deliver precision cleanup.
Multiaxis Machining can dramatically increase a shop’s competitiveness. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS gives you streamlined control over the three crucial elements of multiaxis machining: cut pattern, tool axis control, and collision avoidance. From 4-axis rotary and roll die cutting to multiblade impellers with tight internal cuts, Mastercam helps simplify even the most complex jobs.
- Multisurface 5-axis roughing and ﬁnishing (including depth cuts), plunge roughing, and ﬂowline machining.
- Swarf machining over multisurface ﬂoors.
- Advanced gouge checking and a 5-axis “safe zone” around the work piece.
- Fast, simple 5-axis trimming and stock-aware drilling.
- Create full 5-axis motion from a 3-axis toolpath.
Turning - Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS’ powerful turning strategies complement our milling toolpaths, giving you a complete toolkit from basic ﬁnishing, to face and cross contour and drilling, and more. Dependable toolpath veriﬁcation gives you the conﬁdence to run the most complex toolpaths on your machine, and Machine and Control Deﬁnition ensure your parts are done right the ﬁrst time.
- Easy roughing, ﬁnishing, threading, grooving, boring, drilling, and cut off.
- Dynamic Motion roughing extends insert life.
- Intelligent ID and OD roughing, including roughing to a boundary for castings.
- Tool Inspection lets you automatically stop machining, allowing you to check the insert during your roughing, ﬁnishing, and grooving operations.
Download the Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS Brochure
For more information, visit MastercamForSOLIDWORKS.com